Solomon wrote this to proclaim the importance of teaching children. There are those who believe that children are very limited in what they can learn because they have not yet matured. However, it is evident that children are able to learn so many things at young ages, and we should take this advantage to pour into them to make disciples.
At Sunnyside Kids we lay a foundation of strong biblical knowledge by teaching Bible stories, character studies of prophets, teaching application, and context to further their opportunity for discipleship. In addition to Sunday School and Children's Church we do several outreach and fellowship events throughout the year making sure that what they learn in church is not only being heard, but remembered and applied upon. These events include Easter Egg Hunt, Vacation Bible School, Children's Camp, Christmas Play, Kid's Choir Performances, Parent's Night Out, Fall Party and many more fellowship events.
Sunnyside Kids ministry includes all children Pre-K age (3 & 4 yr old) thru 6th grade, however not all events are designed for every age within the ministry.
SUNDAY SCHOOL & CHILDREN'S CHURCH & CHILDREN'S CHOIR BEGIN ON OCT. 4TH!!!
Yay!! We are starting Sunday School back on October 4th!!
It will be promotion Sunday with all our new teachers and new classes!
After much prayer and thought, we have made some changes to our Children's Ministry. Beginning on Sunday, October 4th, during our morning worship time, we will only be offering nursery and preschool children's church. Preschool Children's Church will be for our 3 and 4 year-olds only! All other children will need to be picked up from Sunday School and escorted to the worship center.
Also, parents, when you bring your child or pick them up from the Children/Nursery wing, please make sure that you are masked! We want to provide a safe environment for our children and volunteers!
On Sunday evenings, our Children's Choir will be meeting at 5:15-5:45 PM. We ask that you child wear a mask for our choir due to social distancing protocol. All children will then be dismissed to a parent to attend the evening worship service with their families. Nursery will be provided for babies to 2 years old during the Sunday evening worship service. The children have been a wonderful addition to our worship service and it has been a blessing to see everyone worshiping together with their families!
Nursery Parents: In order to safely care for our babies, toddlers, and preschoolers, we ask that you please bring a labeled "sippy cup" for your child each Sunday. We will have juice as usual for them, but would prefer to use your cups!
POLICIES FOR RE-LAUNCHING IN-CHURCH GATHERINGS
• All teachers/helpers must be healthy and free of any symptoms.
• All teachers/helpers must be background checked and cleared to serve.
• All teachers/helpers MUST be checked-in and in their class ready to serve 15 minutes before service.
• Teachers/helpers need to cheerfully and positively help us all follow the guidelines.
Our job is to create a safe and positive experience for our guests and those serving with us.
• All teachers/helpers will be responsible for following the CLEANING/ CLEANLINESS PROCEDURES (See below!)
• Teachers/helpers have the choice to not wear face masks in order to serve.
• Teachers/helpers must use gloves when handling cleaning supplies or changing diapers.
• Teachers/helpers need to avoid physical contact with children, parents or other teachers/helpers as much as is possible.
For now, avoid hugs and handshakes!!
As much as we miss them, we want to ensure that all of our guests feel comfortable during the transition.
• Rooms will be cleaned with surfaces wiped down before and after each service.
• Early childhood - this includes changing tables, toilet, sink, door knobs, toys, etc.
• Elementary - this includes, restroom, chairs and tables that were used. Anything else that was touched/used.
• Children will be checked in by parent/guardian and given appropriate matching wristbands.
• If first time guest, a visitor card will be filled out and filed in grey notebook at desk.
• Welcome Desk attendee will confirm that we have contact information for children and all information is up to date.
If corrections need to be made, parent/guardian may make those changes on new form.
• Parents/guardians (masked) are allowed to escort children to designated class.
• Parents/guardians will be checked out after leaving children’s area.
• At end of Sunday school, parents/guardians of children age Kindergarten-6th grade will pick up children from Welcome Desk and escort children to Worship service.
• At end of Worship services, Nursery-Preschool children will be signed out and parent/guardian (masked) will travel to nursery hallway and pick up children.
• No older sibling under age 16 drop off/pick up will be allowed.
NURSERY AND PRESCHOOL WHAT AREAS IN EACH ROOM NEED TO BE WIPED DOWN
• Doorknobs (both sides)
• All tables and chairs
• All cubbies with shelves
• Light switches
• Hand Sanitizer Dispenser
• Large Stationary toys like Play Kitchen, sprayed and wiped down BATHROOM (in preschool area)
• Toilet Seat
• Sink Handles
• Bathroom door knobs (both sides)
• Paper Towel Dispenser TOYS
• Toys will be placed in a bin in each room for that service
• Place used toys in DIRTY TOYS bin to be sanitized SNACKS AND DRINKS FOR NURSERY AND PRESCHOOL CLASS
• Parents can bring a snack and drink for their child if needed. Small white solo cups will be available for water if a child does not have their own cup.
CRAFTS • There are lots of supplies in the resource room, should you have need for any supplies.
NURSERY • Clean swings/bouncers/walkers or other multi-use toy between children.
• Bottles are allowed. Make sure they are labeled with child’s name.
• Snacks are available.
• Volunteers must wear gloves when feeding a bottle to baby.
• Volunteers must wear gloves when changing baby diapers.
• Wipe down changing table after each use.
• Wipe down all stationary toys.
• Place used toys in DIRTY TOYS bin to be sanitized.
ELEMENTARY WHAT AREAS IN EACH ROOM NEED TO BE WIPED DOWN
• Doorknobs (both sides)
• All chairs
• Light switches
• Hand Sanitizer Dispenser TOYS
• We are not putting any toys out at this time, but if anything is used, please wipe them down.
CRAFTS/SUPPLIES • There are lots of supplies in the resource room, should you have need for any supplies.
GAMES • Games will be played that allow little to no physical contact LARGE/SMALL GROUP
• Chairs will be spaced
• Children will be allowed to sit with family members
• Kids will be encouraged to stay in their own space as much as possible
Children's Church K - 3rd Grade
Pre-K Kid's Choir ages 3 & 4 yr old
Kid's Choir ages K - 6th Grade
Awanas ages 2 yr - 6th Grade